Pointe Coupée Early Childhood Coalition, Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization and all donations are tax deductible. In addition, Point Coupée Early Childhood Coalition has been designated by the state to be the Child Care Resource & Referral Agency for the benefit of Pointe Coupée Parish, and is the agency authorized to collect School Readiness Tax Credit (SRTC) donations for Pointe Coupée.
Louisiana was the first state to establish tax credits encouraging private investments in early education. The SRTC was put in place to improve the quality of care and education programs and services for our youngest children.
We are excited to announce that
$225,000 LA tax dollars have been dedicated for Early Education Programs in
Pointe Coupée since 2016.
What are the Louisiana School Readiness Tax Credits for Businesses?
In 2007, the Louisiana Legislature passed a unique package of tax credits known as the School Readiness Tax Credits The law R.S. 47:6107 became effective in 2008. Included in this package is a dollar-for-dollar refundable Louisiana state tax credit for businesses, up to $5,000 annually.
Why Should Your Business Should Invest in Early Childhood Education?
- You can turn your tax liability into an investment in early childhood care and education
- For every dollar up to $5,000, your business will receive a dollar-for-dollar refundable credit on its Louisiana state taxes
- Your tax dollars can be put directly back into our community
Who Can Invest Through School Readiness Tax Credits?
All businesses with a Louisiana Tax ID are eligible, including for-profit; non-profit organizations; sole proprietorships; partnerships; limited liability corporations (LLC); and corporations.
How Will Your Investment Make an Impact?
Your contribution will work directly to provide the best early childhood education for Pointe Coupée's children ages birth to four years old and their families, specifically by:
- Connecting parents and families to quality child care and development
- Providing coaching and training for early childhood teachers
- Offering professional development opportunities to early childhood teachers
- Developing curriculum materials